Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Our New Normal


The last few days have been a whirlwind. Life has a way of making you feel as though you're living in one of those crazy-busy-rushing-to-get-out-the-door family scenes in a movie. You know what I mean? Between my return to work, Ty's new schedule, Everett resisting his morning nap, a leaky (new) dishwasher and errands to run, I have barely had time to process my transition to 'semi stay-at-home mom'. My new work schedule allows me to stay home with Everett all day and go to work part time in the evening. This requires Ty to come home early to be with Ev. I love that they get their own time together. It's also kind of cool to be in my office and receive pictures of Everett from Ty, I like being on the other end. Ty had great success doing the bedtime routine solo and sent me a text at 7:30 letting me know that 'baby boy is fast asleep'. Adorable. He also let me know that Everett loved the enchiladas that I made for them ahead of time. Made me feel like mom/wife of the year!
Now that I have actual obligations in the evening I am trying to be a bit more on top of things like meals, dinner and housework and making myself look presentable. At the same time I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy my day and to slow down. I took advantage of a very early morning today and got some pictures of Everett being a goofball. One of my favourite things to do is to hang out on the floor and watch as Everett finds new ways to enjoy our home and his toys. His new preferred activity is climbing inside of anything and everything. He also loves anything that is not a toy, hence the bag of coffee beans. Every day is something new and it's awesome.
Note: black and white makes my kitchen linoleum a bit less heinous.
Have a great Wednesday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome. I love hearing from you! I also love to answer questions! Please be sure to leave your email address so I can respond.